The History of Mylan and UDL
In 1996, Mylan acquired UDL Laboratories Inc., the premier
supplier of unit dose multisource pharmaceuticals to the institutional and long
term care marketplace. For more than 20 years, UDL has helped pharmacists return to
clinical care while improving patient outcomes in institutional settings.
- 1980: Began operations as Unit Dose Laboratories
- 1981: Incorporated, changed name to UDL Laboratories, Inc.
- 1984: First published Generic Brand Comparison Handbook
- 1984: Moved to current facility at 1718 Northrock Court
- 1988: Opened distribution center at 4951 Hiawatha Drive
- 1990: UDL began printing bar codes on its individual unit dose blisters
- 1992: Launched Emergi-Script®
- 1995: Launched Robot-Rx™ Ready Packaging
- 1996: Launched Bingo Cards, first generation of 30-day dispensing cards
- 1996: UDL acquired by Mylan Laboratories Inc. on February 29
- 2004: Launched new Punch Card design – redesigned 30-day dispensing cards
- 2004: 34,000 square foot expansion completed
- 2005: UDL produced its first in-house cold-form foil-to-foil blister package
- 2005: UDL acquired responsibility for Mylan Bertek Sugar Land manufacturing facility
- 2006: Launched first Retail Compliance Package
- 2007: Purchased Hiawatha facility, acquiring an additional 60,000 square feet
- 2007: UDL purchased the Mylan Bertek Sugar Land manufacturing facility
- 2008: Packaged first retail wallet card for Mylan Pharmaceuticals Inc.